I went to Santa Barbara a few weeks ago to visit some amazing people in my life, Nick Bolton and Nina Burke. We had a great time as always hanging out. However, during this visit I found out about NMB cookies (NMB is Nick and Nina initals). Nick swears they are healthier cookies by using many substitutions for the usual fattening products found in cookies. I have to say I am a believer because if you knew Nick and Nina personally, they take pride in making healthy choices whether food or working out. Therefore, when Nick was telling me about these cookies I had to try them! Healthy are not (which in my mind I am going full on healthy), they are extremely delicious and everyone should try them!
- ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ sp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ c. apple sauce or vanilla yogurt
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp egg whites
- Nutmeg – just a sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix all ingredients except for oats and chocolate chips.
- Add oats and chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet. Makes about 10-12 cookies.
*I added raisins and dark chocolate chips to my batch and t’was amazing.
Thanks Nick and Nina for sharing the recipe!